If you accidentally back into your garage door, it is very important to contact a garage door specialist to evaluate the condition. The damage may not be immediately apparent. While damaged panels can be an easy repair, extensive damage can require more comprehensive repairs or replacement.
During an inspection, Smokey’s Garage Door will:
- Check that the eye sensor is properly aligned and working
- Test your garage door’s automatic reverse
- Evaluate the garage door’s balance
- Inspect the condition of the springs
- Assess the health of the garage door’s pulleys
- Inspect the lifting cables for fraying or broken strands
- Check the condition of garage door rollers
- Inspect the brackets and hinges
- Evaluate the condition of the bottom rubber and weather seal
Ultimately, if you accidentally back into your garage door, don’t wait until you have a catastrophic garage door system failure. Your garage door is one of the most important components in your home. It is not just a convenient method for entering your home, but it can directly impact the value of your house. Moreover, it provides secure space for vehicles and personal property. Therefore, a damaged garage door is a security and safety risk.
It is critical not to ignore your garage door. A safety inspection can save you thousands of dollars since catching repair issues early on can prevent additional damage or serious injury. Your garage door weighs hundreds of pounds, the last thing you want is for it to come crashing down on you or someone else.
Do you have questions? What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to schedule a garage door inspection, or talk about a related topic, please contact us at Smokey’s Garage Door.