If your garage door is constantly breaking down, it may be more cost effective to get a new garage door installed instead of keeping the old one on life support. However, while installing a new garage door will come with a fair bit of cost, it might be better to think of it as a new opportunity. When getting a new garage door installed, not only does it provide you with an opportunity to choose a new style, but there are a lot of great additions that come with more modern garage doors to increase safety and functionality.
New Features That Can Come With a New Garage Door
- Automatic Reversal Systems – Garage doors are dangerous, particularly very old ones that don’t have the same safety features. An automatic reverse system allows a garage door to detect when someone is underneath it so that it can reverse instead of continuing to close and potentially hurting someone.
- Security Lights– Dark garages are a menace. However, newer garage doors come with security lights that come on when the door is opened or otherwise when movement is detected.
- App Access – Garage door opener tech has stayed pretty standard, but now your new garage door can open remotely from an app on your smartphone. This can be useful particularly if you need to grant someone access when you are not home.
- Keyless Entry– If garage door opening apps aren’t your style, you can still have access granted via a keyless entry on the exterior of the garage. Simply enter a code and access is granted.
- Backup Battery– If the power goes off, for most garage doors, they can only be opened manually. However, with a battery backup system, they will still open even when everything else doesn’t.
Are you ready to get a new garage door installed to replace your old, outdated, or deteriorating garage door? Contact us today to see what we can do for you.